Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jacob, September 19, 2007

Listen in MP3

I'm okay... I just ran too hard... I told her... I don't need... to go to the... nurse's office.

Yeah. It's... in my backpack.

Okay. It's... it's... in here....

No, I'm... okay. This isn't bad. I can... still play.

Here it is... Okay.

Hhheewwwww...

But I only do it once. My dad says...

Okay. Hhheewwwww...

I used the nebulizer this morning. My mom makes me do it before breakfast. She makes me blow into the tester thing and if the needle doesn't go far enough she makes me do the nebulizer.

The inhaler? I dunno, I just put it in my backpack. For Emer...Gen...Cies.

Yeah. I remember. You said... I should use my inhaler before recess...

But I can't let the other kids see it.

They won't pick me for the teams. My dad said you can't show them any weakness.

I guess so. Ashley... and Brandon... and Mathew... They all have 'em.

I dunno, they get picked, I guess... but they aren't good.

At sports. You can tell who's good and who isn't... and the kids with inhalers, the way they hold the bat, you can tell.

I just have to try harder. You get asthma from sitting around too much watching TV. My dad says Teddy Roosevelt had asthma until he became a cowboy.

I dunno, he was a president or something. He's the one with the moustache on the mountain. My dad wants me to go out to a dude ranch next summer and get over my asthma.

It was great. Yeah we saw the presidents and my dad and I went hiking, up on the big rocks. We saw a prairie dog, and a bison, all by itself, and a tiger salamander on a rock and some mudpuppies and a tree frog and my mom didn't believe us but we saw a bobcat. In the afternoon. My mom says no one ever sees bobcats in the afternoon but we saw one. My dad took a picture on his phone but it was blurry. My mom said she wished we had taken a picture of the tree frog instead because it might be in danger specie.

No, I didn't need it at all when we were camping. It was only on the way back, at that motel...

My dad says they didn't clean right the room right. He's gonna sue the owner for cost of the emergency room and for him and mom staying up all night, or if he doesn't sue them he's going to call the agency in South Dakota and get their license in trouble because he knows someone.

No, my mom doesn't think I should go. She says I need to do what the nurse at school says before I can go to any dude ranch.

Yeah, I know. You say...

I should use my inhaler before recess.

Okay. One more time.

Hhheewwwww...